It’s annoying when you open a photo in your computer’s image viewer or smartphone and find that the photo is blurred. Pictures taken using old phones or cameras may not appear very sharp like the ones taken from a higher pixelated camera. The good news is that you can easily fix blurry photos with the help of some built-in and professional photo repair tools available online.
Table of Content
Why does a Photo turn blurry?
There are several reasons that may cause your photos to turn out blurry such as,
- Too much camera movement while clicking the picture
- Objects moving while getting clicked causing motion blur
- Bad, missing, or misaligned focus
- Poor air quality
- Poor lighting
- Slow shutter speed
Also Read: Quick Methods to repair corrupt photos.
Tips to avoid blurry photos
Here are some quick tips to follow while clicking and storing pictures to protect them from blurring.
- Keep your camera/phone at a stable position while clicking
- Wait for the object(s) to stop moving to avoid motion blur
- Use a high-resolution camera device
- Go for a high shutter speed
- Click your photos in proper lighting
- Wait for cleaner air quality before shooting
Can you fix a blurry photo?
Yes, you can definitely unblur images online. If you don’t want to download professional software to fix blurry pictures, you can try online photo repair tools such as Pine tool, Raw. Pics, Lunapic, to unblur image. You’ll just have to upload your blurry image on the tool, and it may fix your blurry photos online for free.
Methods for how to Unblur an Image
However, if you’re looking to unblur image of multiples types in one go without compromising on the image quality, you must choose a professional Photo Repair tool over online tools. Some of the best software are described in detail as follows:
1. Stellar Repair for Photo
If you’re looking for a solution to fix your blurry photo in an instant, read no further and download Stellar Repair for Photo. The software can fix a blurry image of almost any format and can repair your photo to its pristine form.
It can make your photos sharp and vivid and can repair distorted, pixelated, greyed out images as well. The best part is, you can preview the repaired photo before saving it on your system.
To fix a blurred image using Stellar Repair for Photo, Download and launch Stellar Repair for Photo on your computer and follow the steps:
Step 1: Add Blurred images.
Click on Add File and add the image you wish to repair.
(Fig 1: Main Interface of Stellar Repair for Photo)
Step 2: Repair Blurred images.
Next, select Repair and let the repair process complete.
(Fig 2: Photos getting Repaired)
Step 3: Save Repaired Images
Now you can select the images which you want back and also you can check preview of repaired images before saving and then browse the location to save the repaired photos.
(Fig 3: Preview and Save Repaired Photos)
Viola! Images are repaired successfully!
If you are facing issue in activating this photo repair tool from Stellar then check here for how to activate stellar repair for photo software.
Photoshop is undoubtedly the best photo editing software. It removes blurriness in photos using its advanced image sharpening tools. You can try different ways of fixing photos with Adobe Photoshop. To learn how to make blurry pictures clear, follow these steps:
- Download and open Photoshop on your computer.
- Go to the Filter tab, select Sharpen.
- Next, click Shake Reduction
Alternatively, you can:
- Download Photoshop Elements, which is an upgraded version of Photoshop.
- Select the photos you want to fix.
- Go to the Filters menu and select Enhance.
- Now, select/unselect the Unsharp
- Set the sharpness amount and radius to your preference.
Try the built-in utility, MS Paint, on your computer to fix your blurry photos and follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Launch MS Paint on your computer.
- Upload the blurry pictures you wish to fix.
- Go to Effects, select Photo > Sharpen.
- Sharpen the image to your preference and then save changes.
Gimp is one of the best photo fixing apps available to download for free. To fix blurry pictures on your computer using the Gimp app, follow the steps given below:
- Download Gimp from the site and install it on your computer.
- Now launch the application and press Control + O.
- Go to Tools, click Paint tools, and select Blur/Sharpen.
- Sharpen the image as per your preference. Once done, open the File tab and select Save As.
If you’re trying to fix a blurry photo on your Android or iPhone, you must try this brilliant app called Snapseed. You can fix multiple pictures on your smartphone using Snapseed and also transfer them to your computer. Go through the following steps to use this app for fixing your blurry photos.
- Download Snapseed app on your phone.
- Open the app and upload the photo you wish to fix.
- Select Details.
- Tap on the Sharpen button.
- Now tap on Unblur.
Your image will be fixed in a second.
To Wrap Up
Your photos may turn out blurry due to various reasons such as camera shakes, motion blur, missing focus, poor lighting, bad air quality, object too far, etc. This may hamper your photo viewing and sharing experience. Fortunately, there are online tools and professional photo repair tool available to fix blur in photos. Your best bet is professional tools like Stellar Repair for Photo or Adobe Photoshop that give the best results and sharpen your images to their optimum quality.