|Summary: This blog discusses the ways to delete saved login details and passwords from your browser. It also mentions a file eraser software that can help you permanently delete your saved login and passwords from web browsers. |
Whenever you log in to a website, your web browser asks if you want it to remember or save the password. On clicking ‘Save’, the browser stores your login information and autofill the login fields each time you access that specific site.
However, it’s not advised to let the websites save your passwords. That’s because it can expose your confidential data to anyone who uses your system and other parties on the Internet. Therefore, it is advisable to delete the saved login and passwords from the web browser to avoid such risks.
This blog lists the steps to delete the saved passwords on different web browsers.
Steps to Delete Saved Login and Password in Different Browsers
Depending on the web browser you’re using, proceed with the below-listed steps to delete the saved passwords:
- Google Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the three vertical lines in the top-right corner of the screen and click on Settings.
- Click on Autofill > Password.
- You’ll be able to see a list of all usernames and passwords that are saved under the Saved passwords column.
- Further, click on the three vertical lines and click on Remove to delete the required username and password.
Note: If you want to delete all the saved passwords, simultaneously press the Shift + Ctrl + Del keys after opening Google Chrome. Mark the Password checkbox and click on the Clear browsing data option.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser.
- From the left sidebar menu, click the Password option.
- Select the login that you want to delete from the list and click on Remove.
Note: To delete all the saved logins and passwords, click on Remove All.
- Apple Safari
- Access the Safari browser.
- Click on Settings and select Preferences.
- In the AutoFill window, click on AutoFill and mark the User names and passwords checkbox. Then, click on Edit to open the next window.
- Select the website and a user name that you want to delete and click on Remove.
Note: Click on the Remove All option to clean all the saved websites and user names.
How to Permanently Delete Login Details from Browser?
One of the secure ways to delete saved login passwords is by using a professional file eraser tool. BitRaser File Eraser is a secure file wiping software that uses advanced algorithms to permanently erase data, such as cookies, saved passwords, browsing history, etc. stored on laptops, desktops, and servers, beyond the scope of data recovery. To erase saved login and password from the web browser using the BitRaser File Eraser tool, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, purchase the BitRaser File Eraser software and then install and run the software.
- On the main software interface, from the left pane, click on the Erase Traces tab.
- Click on Scan. The software will then scan through your PC.
- It will open up a dialog box. Click OK.
- Mark the Saved Login & Password checkbox from the displayed options and click on Erase Now.
- A dialog box asking for erasure confirmation will display on your screen. Click on Proceed.
- This will delete saved login and password from your browser permanently.
Note: You can also schedule your data erasure tasks with the BitRaser File Eraser tool. For this, follow the below-given steps:
- From the sidebar, click on Scheduler.
- On the Scheduler screen, it displays two options:
- Erase Traces
- Erase File & Folders
- Choose the desired option.
- Select the frequency, date, and time. Then, click OK.
Summing It Up
Rather than saving your passwords on the web browser, you can consider using a password manager. This is a far better option than handing over the security of your passwords to a web browser. Besides, you can consider options, such as disabling autofill and saving password settings or you can use a reputable VPN.
In case you’ve saved passwords on web browser, you can permanently delete them by using a professional file eraser tool, like BitRaser. It erases the data, including files, folders, cookies, internet history, saved login, etc. by overwriting it. The data erased by the software cannot be recovered by using any data recovery tool.
Also Read: Erase Files and Folders using BitRaser File Eraser