Summary: Executives in the business world use Excel on a regular basis. However, Excel is not just used for business. A large number of people use Excel for personal reasons. Therefore, excel files that people create are of great importance to them. The creators would place a lot of work into them.
However, at times a specific Excel file may get deleted. The deletion may be done to make space or by an error. People from across the world wonder how to recover deleted excel files. Let us look at the solution to recover deleted files.
What are the methods to recover deleted Excel files?
Restore files from Recycle Bin
Maybe you deleted the Excel file from the original folder. In this case, Windows would move your excel file to the Recycle Bin. In this case recovery of the data is easy. To recover the deleted Excel sheets follow the below steps.
1. Go to the Recycle Bin
2. Search if the file or data you need is present.
3. Right-click on the file and click on the Restore option to get back the files.
4. The Excel files will return again to the folder they initially were present.
[NOTE]: You can access the data upon completion of this step. This action is not possible in case of the permanent deletion of the file. A permanent data deletion happens with the Shift-Delete method. This ensures permanent deletion of the data and the file not moved to the Recycle Bin. In such a case, you can use one of the below methods to recover permanently deleted excel files.
Use the Restore function
You can achieve this with two methods. Both these methods require an enabled Windows Backup function. You may be unaware of this but, this may be a default option in your system. Many Windows versions have this as the default choice.
1. Go to the original folder of the Excel file. This is the folder of the file being present pre-deletion.
2. Right-click on the folder and select the option of Restore Previous Versions. This will display multiple versions saved by Windows.
3. Select the latest version of the file.
4. The last step is to select the Restore option. This will help recover the deleted excel file.
The indirect method involves using the System Restore function. This method is part of the Windows functions. To perform this method, follow the steps below.
1. Go to your Control Panel.
2. Navigate to the “System and Security” tab.
3. If you can’t find this tab, navigate to the “System” tab.
4. On the tray located on the left side, click on the “System Protection” option.
5. A Pop-Up window would appear. Go to the System Protection tab and click the System Restore button.
6. Click ‘Next’ and choose a restore point that would bring back the file.
[NOTE]: However, please ensure that you don’t pick an older restore point. Because this action may also make some changes to your system files.
This shows us that the direct method is a better way to recover the file. You should use the indirect method if you have tried the direct method and failed.
Use Stellar Data Recovery Software
Manual recovery won’t work, all the time. In such cases, don’t lose hope. Let us review other options. You may download Stellar Data recovery software. This helps you to get your deleted excel sheets back.
1. Download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Software.
2. Scan the original location of the file.
3. If the intelligent software locates your file, you can recover it.
4. You can access the original data after you recover it.
[NOTE]: There are two versions of the software available. If you want to recover up to 1 GB of deleted data then you can try our Free Data Recovery software. If you want to recover more than 1 GB data then buy a licensed version of our software.
The software has been developed over years of intuitive efforts and hard work. Months of research and development has taken the form of this software. Enjoy the benefits of this software that helps you in file recovery. Retrieve a range of files including lost Excel files or more.
Watch Video to know more
Avail the help of a Data Recovery Service Provider
If you can’t recover the deleted file with the help of DIY methods, then you may seek expert help. These experts operate in the domain of Data Recovery. Experienced firms like Stellar ensure up to 100% data recovery. The experienced staff ensures your data is in the right hands.
Stellar has decades of experience and uses the latest technology. You don’t have to worry about your data privacy and confidentiality. Relax, as Stellar takes care of your data with 100% security and privacy. The experts will recover the Excel file with ease. Your data is in safe and experienced hands.