If you’re an Outlook user-facing Outlook error code 0x80072f06 on a recurrent basis, this post is for you. Here, we are going to discuss everything about error code 0x80072f06. This includes the reasons for its occurrence and the ways to fix the same.
What is Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06? What Causes this Error?
Microsoft Outlook is a versatile and feature-rich application. It has many users worldwide. Accessibility of files without internet connectivity is one of the advanced features of Outlook. Yet, at times, users experience various errors while using Outlook. Among them, one of the frequent ones includes the error code 0x80072f06. Here, we are going to discuss this in more detail.
Outlook error 0x80072F06 is actually an error of OST file. This occurs when the exchange server does not sync with Outlook. Outlook usually creates a PST file when used in online mode. Similarly, an OST file (like PST) is created in offline mode.
This OST file gets updated once Outlook is synced with exchange server. Code 0x80072f06 is an issue that can happen during the process of synchronization. Let’s understand this in a bit more detail.
In Outlook, there is a contact list known as an Offline address book (OAB). This address book is used by every email client. It is present in the mailbox of exchange server (like GAL or Global Address List). The exchange server contains all the important user information. This includes names and email addresses used by Outlook.
Outlook does not need to sync to exchange server every time the user sends the mail. Error code “0X80072f06” occurs when the user tries to update this OAB from the exchange server.
Reasons for Getting Outlook Error Code 0x80072f06
Error 0x80072f06 occurs when the synchronization (OAB and GAL) fails to take place. But, there are various other reasons for error code 0x80072f06. Here are a few reasons for Outlook Error 0x80072f06:
- Improper installation of the Outlook application.
- When Windows system files damages. Also, if OAB is not updated in the right way.
- Another reason for getting error code “0X80072f06″ is issued with Exchange security certificates.
Different Ways to Fix the Error 0x80072f06
If you’ve encountered Outlook 0x80072f06 on a frequent basis, here are some ways to fix it.
a) Deletion of the existing OAB file
Deletion of the existing OAB file is an easy way to fix the error. This is because error 0x80072f06 occurs due to sync issues. Once you delete the existing OAB file, download a new OAB file from the Exchange Server. Chances of 0x80072f06 Windows 10 mail error reduce once a new OAB file is in sync with the exchange server.
b) System restoration to fix Outlook error code 0x80072f06
You can also use other manual ways to fix error 0x80072f06. It requires performing system restoration to an earlier time. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Log in as an Administrator once the system starts.
- Choose the option System in the all control panel items of Control Panel.
- Once done, choose system protection on the left side of the opened window prompt.
- A new wizard will appear on the screen. Here you need to click on the system restore option. It will begin the process of restoration to a previous time.
- Once the process of system restoration is over, you can check for the resolution of the error code.
c) Automated solution
You can also use an automated solution to fix Outlook error 0x80072f06. It requires using OST repair software from a reliable service provider.
Stellar is a renowned name that offers professional solutions to resolve this error. Stellar OST repair software helps to repair the corrupt OST files (making outlook inaccessible). Among the main features of this automated tool are:
- Outlook and Exchange connectivity is not required.
- All the corrupted data files are recovered in the exact form.
- After data recovery, it preserves the data integrity as well.
Outlook error code 0x80072f06 is one of the most common problems that Microsoft outlook users face. It can disrupt the normal functioning of Outlook leaving you frustrated. Finally, we have one excellent solution to resolve this is to use Stellar Converter for OST. It is a powerful software with many features. Among the main USPs of this are:
- The software converts encrypted OST files, and it also works on IMAP OST files.
- It converts large OST files to PST
- You can search and save emails within the same OST file
A one-stop and reliable solution to fix inaccessible OST files.
When the PST file is restored, data can be imported into Outlook with Import & Export wizard. A lot of DIY methods and tips are available online to handle outlook related errors. But most of these methods are not save, these methods may cause data loss. Hence, the safest and reliable method is to try commercially available software tools for 100% data retrieval.