Redundant Array of Independent Disks popularly known as RAID Servers is defined as a Data Storage Visualization Technology that people use in Enterprises and Businesses for three key essentials.
- Reap redundancy data
- Improves Performance
- Combining components of multiple physical disk drive into one logical unit
What is RAID?
Depending upon performance and required redundancy level, RAID servers are further categorized into RAID levels. The main purpose of this is to escape data loss in case of drive failure. So that in a scenario where one drive fails, you can count on others to access the data. With this, in addition to performance, the storage capacity, reliability, and data availability improve too.
Even so, on the whole, RAID is all about resisting drive failure without data loss. Well, still, it is not completely immune to failure. Several cases exist where it can fail further leading to data loss.
Let’s look at the reasons where RAID array or volume Data can become inaccessible—
Causes of RAID Data Loss
|Multiple drive failure
||Files and Folders damage
||Reformatting of Drives and Arrays
||Trojan, virus, or worm
|RAID Controller Card
|Electrical & Physical drive failure
||Incorrect replacement of drives
||Damage of Directory Structure
|Physical RAID failure
||RAID Configuration Issue
||Corrupt Operating System
|Failed Backplane & Motherboard
Now, let’s know about the RAID Data Loss Prevention Tips to stay protected.
Preventive Tips for RAID Data Loss
- Say No to overwriting
- Avoid Faulty Installations
- Say No to RAID partition reconfiguration
- Ensure to Label Drives in the array at their positions
- Always keep a powerful antivirus software handy
- Make sure there is no power outage or interrupted power supply
- Say No to mishandling such as formatting or deleting Drive Partitions/Data
- Always Say No to Repair utility to repair the damaged drive on a partition that is inaccessible
- Say No to defragmented utility before examining the drive health
- Say No to RAID rebuilding in cases when the drives are not healthy
- Ever Say No to RAID process of rebuilding in scenarios where multiple drives failed at one go
- Keep your RAID System protected against natural disasters such as fire, flood, etc.
Stellar provides Remote data recovery service for Raid Recovery. If your Raid hard disk fails due to the logical reason you can obtain Stellar Online data recovery recovery service. Stellar professional will access your Raid hard disk remotely and check the possibility of data recovery. You can book for remote data recovery from here:
Types of Raid Levels:
Raid enable users to store your data on multiple hard disks based on their reliability and performance. There are different types of Raid levels with unique facility. Here is the list of Raid levels:
- Striping and Mirroring – RAID 10
- It uses Striping and double parity technique – RAID 6
- Striping with parity – RAID 3
- It uses Disk Mirroring – RAID 1
- Disk Striping technique – RAID 0
Additional Reading : What are the RAID Level 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10?
Tips When your RAID Server Crashes
- Don’t Panic
- Say No to Disk Checking Software
- Say No to Disk Order change in the Array
- Don’t Listen to the offered Advice
- Contact RAID Data Recovery Professionals
Which type of technical errors occur in raid server?
- If one hard drive is failed
- Multiple hard drives failed
- Raid error control or operator control error
Data Recovery from RAID Server
Certain situations of Raid Server Recovery. Let’s delve into them and understand how to recover data from Raid server.
Case 1: Where there is one disk failure, RAID Server runs at Degrade Mode, and you need a bit of critical data
In this situation, you can recover data fully without sharing the RAID server.
What to Do?
- Copy Data immediately without rebuilding the data
Note: If any other disk fails, the complete RAID Server will fail
Case 2: One Disk failure, RAID Server is in Degrade Mode, but you need everything including Applications to Boot-up operating system
It is a situation where the RAID Server is either Data Server or Application. Thus, recovering only data is not sufficient.
What to Do?
- Attempt to rebuild degraded RAID volume
Note: Make sure to back up the disk image before rebuilding.
Case 3: RAID Disk Volume Loss
This type of loss can be due to RAID configuration settings loss, multiple disks failure, power surge, system crash, or any other unknown reasons.
What to do for Raid Data Recovery?
- Seek Professional Data Recovery Assistance
Why Count on Professional Data Recovery Service to Recover Data from Crashed Raid Server?
Several reasons bring in the need of a professional data recovery service.
- Specialized equipment
- Specialized environment
- Latest technology Deployment
- Trusted and Dedicated Professionals
- Comprehensive knowledge about domains such as Hex, Offset, MFT Mount points, and Drive Structure
Data Recovery marketplace has a plethora of data recovery service providers to execute this recovery program. Stellar Data Recovery services with experience of more than 2 decades in Data Recovery is a sure-shot. Further, it’s Class 100 Clean Room Lab, Expert R & D Team, state-of-the-art Infrastructure, Bio-metric Control Security, and Cutting-edge Technology Usage makes it stand out-of-the-crowd. Above all, it’s ISO 27001:2013 and ISMS certification are its testimony.
RAID Server are in high demand across the globe. Despite being intuitive, there are instances where you end up with RAID server failure. This failure, as a consequence, results in data Loss. To tackle it, joining hands with a Professional Raid Data Recovery service provider like Stellar Data Recovery becomes a viable option.
Read out the Case Study for Raid Server Recovery.