How to Recover Deleted Notepad++ Files?
|Summary: Notepad or Notepad++ is commonly used to make quick notes, remember passwords, and as a text editor. Saved with the extension .txt, there can be instances of accidental deletion of these files or losing it because of an unexpected program crash. But there is a way to recover deleted Notepad files. In this blog, we talk about the top three ways to recover deleted/lost Notepadd++ files. |
We urge our readers to download the Trial Version of stellar data recovery for windows and evaluate the functionality of the software.
Difference Between Notepad and Notepad++
Notepad files or plain text files saved in the .txt format are identical to Notepad++ files. Notepad++ is an advanced version that is a lot more capable text editor compared to the original Notepad. Other Notepad alternatives include Notepad2, Notepad2-mod, PSPad, AkelPad, Gedit Text Editor, and Sublime Text.
Causes of Notepad++ File Deletion
One of the primary reasons for losing a Notepad file is a sudden program crash. If your Notepad++ keeps crashing whenever you open it, you may be dealing with a plugin issue. In such a situation, you may find a blank file upon opening it. It is necessary to get external help to fix the issue.
Another common cause of data loss is human negligence or error including accidental deletion of the Notepad++ files. In situations of permanent deletion of Notepad files, you need to get professional help to restore them.
How Can You Prevent NotePad++Data Loss?
To ensure that Notepad++ files are safe, take regular backups of Notepad++ files. To do this efficiently, opt for it manually or go with automatic backup. Automatically backup Notepad++ files:
- Go to Settings > Preferences.
- Select Automatic Backup.
How to Recover Deleted Notepad++ Files?
Once data is already lost, the only solution is to recover deleted Notepad++ files. The process differs depending on whether you a backup of notepad++ or there is no backup. Here are the respective steps to follow in both cases:
Restoring Deleted/Lost Notepad++ File with Backup
- Click on the Notepad++ option on your computer and open a new file.
- On the top panel, click on Settings. From the drop-down menu, select Preferences.
- A new window will open and you will see the address of the backup. Copy this path. Make sure to select Remember the current session for next launch from the top.
- Go to Windows Explorer and paste the address you copied. You will find all the backed-up file versions at this location.
- To select the most recently backed-up version of your file, sort by Date Modified. Right-click on your file and choose the option to open it with Notepad.
- Save the file to a location of your choice
Restore Deleted Notepad++ files Without Any Backup
Using Stellar Data Recovery Software
If you have not taken any backup of Notepad, recovery can be a little tricky. But with Stellar windows data recovery software, it’s possible.
- Select the folder from which you want the scanning to begin. This is the folder in which the software will try to search for the deleted/lost Notepad++ files.
- Wait till the scan is on. You will see the restored files appearing on the screen. Search for the file you are looking for. If you find it, stop the scan. Alternatively, you can wait until the scanning is complete.
- Once the scanning is complete, preview the Notepad++ files and select the ones you want to recover.
- Now, your lost files will be back in your system.
[Note: Temporary files are emptied when you restart or shut down your computer. Recover the unsaved Notepad files from the temporary folder before you lose it for good.]
Watch Video to know more about “how to recover deleted notepad++ files”
Using Data Recovery Services
Apart from data recovery software, you can also seek the help of recovery services to recover deleted files. Stellar offers efficient and safe data recovery services that ensure the recovery of deleted notepad files. Whether it is because of accidental deletion, corruption, physical damage, or even virus attacks, Stellar recovery service has a solution. With a success rate of over 95%, Stellar provides assured and confidential recovery. Stellar’s skilled professional can assist you in getting your lost or deleted notepad files back.
As frustrating as it can get to lose a Notepad file, you should find solace in the fact that recovering it is not very complicated. At times, deleted, unsaved, or damaged Notepad files can easily be retrieved from the temp folder. If that doesn’t work, data recovery experts like Stellar Data Recovery make the process of restoring deleted Notepad++ files easy.