Notepads are the easiest and quickest form of jotting down important points. People use notepads to remember passwords, make quick notes and also as a text editor. There can be instances where these files are deleted or the program crashes unexpectedly, thereby leading to data loss. If this has happened to you, then don’t worry. There is a way to recover deleted Notepad++ files.
Read on to find out how!
Causes of Notepad++ File Deletion and Loss
The primary cause of data loss within Notepad++ files is that it occurs due to the crashing of the application. If you find that your Notepad++ keeps crashing whenever you open it, then chances are that you are dealing with a plugin issue. You may find your file to be blank upon opening it. In either of these cases, it is necessary to get external help to fix the issue.
Another common cause of data loss is human negligence or error. This refers to the accidental deletion of files that are within the Notepad ++ program. Sometimes, it may so happen that you permanently delete the file you need. In this case, you need to get professional help in order to be able to restore your lost data.
Data Loss Preventive Methods for NotePad++ Files
There is a way to prevent data loss from happening. To make sure that your data within your Notepad++ files are safe, the primary solution is to take backups of your information frequently.
This way, even if you delete the original or it crashes, you still have a copy that you can use. To do this, you can opt for manual means or even go with an automatic backup. All you need to do is go into Settings > Preferences and then select Automatic Backup.
How to Recover Deleted Notepad++ Files
Once data is already lost, the only solution is to recover deleted Notepad++ files. This process differs depending on whether you have taken a backup or if you have no backup at all. Here are the steps you need to follow under both these cases:
If you have taken a backup of your data, but have now lost the original version, here is what you can do:
- Click on the Notepad++ option on your computer and open a new file. On the top panel, click on ‘Settings’. From the drop-down menu, select ‘Preferences’.
- Once the window opens, you will see the address of the backup. Copy this path. Then, on the top, make sure that ‘Remember current session for next launch’ is selected.
- Go to Windows Explorer and then paste the address you copied. You will find all the backed up file versions in this location.
- To select the most recently backed up version of your file, filter by ‘Date Modified’. Then right click on your file and choose the option to open it with Notepad.
- Once you do this, save the file to a safe location.
|Using Data Recovery Software
If you have not taken any backup of your data, then recovery is a little tricky. However, with Stellar’s data recovery software, this task is now definitely possible.
- Download the data recovery software on your system. Run the installation and launch the program.
- Select the folder where you want the scanning to start. This is the folder in which the software will try to search for lost Notepad ++ files.
- Wait while the scanning process begins. During this step, you will see restored files appear on the screen. Search for the file you are looking for. If you find it, you can stop the scan. Alternatively, you can wait till the entire scanning is done.
- Once the scanning is complete, all you need to do is preview the Notepad ++ files and then select the ones you want to recover.
- Now, your lost files will be back in your system.
|Using Data Recovery Service
An alternative to using a data recovery software is to use data recovery services instead to recover deleted files. Stellar offers quick, efficient and safe services that will ensure that you get your files back instantly. Be it accidental deletion, corruption, physical damage or even virus, Stellar will have a solution for you! With a success rate of over 95%, Stellar provides assured and confidential recovery for you. Their professional recovery services span across all file types and can assist you in getting your lost or deleted notepad files back.
Stellar Remote Recovery Services
Stellar is committed to data recovery needs across the country during the COVID-19 crisis. In continuation of our commitment to data care services and to ensure data loss does not hamper businesses or individuals, Stellar will be operating online and provide remote data recovery services.
We are available on Chat, Phone and Email.
Losing data is very common, yet frustrating. However, it does happen to a lot of people and is not something that is new or unknown. Data recovery experts like Stellar Data Recovery make the process of restoring lost files easy. With their high success rate, your data will be recovered in no time.
So, if you ever find yourself at a risk of data loss and need Notepad ++ file recovery, you now know what you need to do!