Are you looking for alternatives to Blancco Data Eraser software? There are various data erasure software that provides scalability, customization, ease of use, customer support, and features similar to Blancco Data Eraser. In this blog, we have mentioned a few data eraser software that can act as the best alternatives to Blancco Data Eraser software. You can choose the one that suits your business needs.
1: BitRaser Data Eraser
BitRaser is one of the best and most advanced data eraser software that permanently wipes confidential data from laptops, PC, and other storage devices. It is equipped with the world’s most sophisticated data erasure algorithms that ensure the data is erased permanently beyond the scope of recovery. Moreover, the software comes in three variants – BitRaser File Eraser, BitRaser Drive Eraser, and BitRaser Mobile Eraser.
The software allows you to perform the following functions:
Erase Traces: BitRaser allows you to wipe traces generated by daily internet activities and from application usage.
Scheduler: It allows you to schedule the data erasure tasks – on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Bulk Erasure: The software erases multiple devices or drives over a local area network with a centralized console. It also helps manage and monitor the erasure process and maintain reports.
Mobile Diagnostics and Erasure: The tool allows you to assess the functioning and health status of mobile devices through 30+ automatic and manual tests. It also allows you to erase the mobile data beyond the scope of recovery.
- User-friendly interface
- Supports various international data erasure standards, such as DoD 5220.22 M (3 passes), HMG IS5, GOST-R, Guttmann, NIST, etc.
- Available with Cloud console for license distribution
- Generates tamper-proof reports and certificate of erasure for audit trails
- Provides the users with erasure verification ensuring secure data erasure beyond the scope of recovery
- Mobile Eraser software erases and diagnoses all the Android and iOS mobile devices
- Windows OS 10, 8.1, 8, and 7
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and 2003
- Mac OS X 10.9 and later versions
Eraser is an open-source data eraser software with its source code released under GPU General Public License. It’s one of the advanced data eraser tools that helps you wipe sensitive data from the hard drive. This software overwrites the hard drive several times with carefully selected patterns.
- Uses three data erasure algorithms, including US DoD 5220.22-M
- Wipes residues of deleted files
- Offers a scheduler option
- Works with all Windows devices
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, and 10, and Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016
3: File Shredder
File Shredder is a safe, reliable, and fast data eraser software. It is an effective file shredding application that erases files from your device beyond the scope of recovery. The application was released under the GNU license to make it available to all the users for free.
- Provides an option to choose from 5 different erasure algorithms
- Comes with an integrated Disk Wiper that erases unused disk space
- Requires minimum hardware requirement
- Available for commercial and individual use
- Windows OS 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, and Windows Server 2008
Hardwipe is a secure data eraser software that is absolutely free for non-commercial use. It supports various data sanitization methods and closes on its own after the completion of the erasure task.
- Integrates with the file explorer with a configurable ‘right-click’ menu
- Delete data from internal drives and portable media
- Equipped with various sanitization and erasure methods, such as GOST R 50739-95, DoD 5220.22-M, Schneider and Guttmann
- Works with all Windows OS versions – from Windows XP to 10
5: Disk Wipe
Disk Wipe is a free and portable file eraser software that comes under EULA license for personal and commercial use. It securely erases data beyond the scope of recovery.
- Equipped with advanced data erasure algorithms
- Quick format option for fast and better performance
- Windows OS versions 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and Server editions with NTFS and FAT file systems
The above-mentioned data eraser software are selected based on their features, functionality, and ease-of-use. These software can serve as the best alternative to Blancco Data Eraser. When selecting a data eraser software, you can look for the factors, such as data erasure standards supported by the software, generation of erasure reports and certificates, compatibility with different operating systems, and user-friendly interface.