Though Microsoft Excel is one of the most reliable spreadsheet applications, it isn’t immune to damage and corruption. Several data threats can affect the proper working of MS Excel, causing your vital data to become inaccessible and prone to permanent loss. Thus, every person who uses Excel should be aware of repair and recovery techniques that can help them salvage their data from a damaged or corrupt Excel file.
As there are several Excel repair software available online, we advise users to make their choices carefully. In this blog post, we are going to overview a software that specializes in repairing corrupt Excel files. The software is called Stellar Repair for Excel, and its USP lies in repairing severely corrupt Excel spreadsheet and extracting all the data intact in a fresh spreadsheet.
Why Stellar Repair for Excel?
Stellar Repair for Excel is an innovating software developed by Stellar, a data care organization with 25+ years history of innovation in data recovery, file repair, mailbox migration, and data erasure solutions.
This Excel repair software from Stellar leverages powerful algorithms to repair corrupt Excel files and restore the information in a new blank Excel. Key advantages of this Excel repair software include:
- Recovers tables, charts, cell comments, images, formulas, sorts, filters, etc. from damaged & corrupt Excel files
- Preserves worksheet properties (freeze panes, split, gridlines, formula bar) and cell formatting
- Repairs single as well as multiple XLS/XLSX files simultaneously
- Fixes all Excel corruption errors
- Supports MS Excel versions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 & 2000
Demo version of the software is available on the website or download it from the link below.
This version allows users to scan corrupted Excel files and preview the recoverable data.
How does Excel File Repair Software Work?
Stellar Repair for Excel features an interactive GUI which makes it’s working very easy. Through a simple 3-step approach of select-scan-repair, this software ensures you don’t have to face data loss from your critical Excel files.
To repair damaged Excel files and recover the data stored within, follow these steps:
- Download, install and launch Stellar Repair for Excel
- On the software’s home screen, you will see the option to select the corrupt Excel file. Click ‘Browse’ to select the corrupt Excel file (XLS/XLSX). Or click ‘Search’ to locate the corrupt file if you don’t know its file path on your system.
- Once the file or files have been selected, click on ‘Repair’ to initiate the repairing process
- When the scan finishes, all recoverable items will be displayed in a tree-view list in the software’s left-hand panel. From here you can preview any item by double-clicking on it
- If satisfied with the file preview, you can save the repaired file by clicking on the ‘Save File’ button from the main menu
- When prompted, provide the desired destination to save the repaired file and click ‘OK’
- After completion of the saving process, the software prompts an appropriate saving message on the screen.
That’s how easy it is to repair Excel files with this product.
Wrapping it up
Having complete knowledge of any software application means not just knowing how to work with it, but also how to deal with problems while using it. In the case of MS Excel, that means understanding the associated risks and knowing how to overcome corruption issues. Stellar Repair for Excel brings you one step closer to resolving data threats your Excel files face and helps you recover them.