Summary: This blog outlines the possible factors due to which Recuva fails to recover the lost data. It also mentions some effective solutions to overcome Recuva Shows File Is Unrecoverable issue. Also, you’ll find a free data recovery software that can serve as an alternative, if Recuva fails to recover the data.
Have you ended up losing your data and trying Recuva Data Recovery software to recover the lost data? And Recuva is showing the file is unrecoverable or is the file not found an error? Well, there might be various reasons behind this. Let’s take a look at the causes of such an issue and the solutions to fix it.
Reasons Behind “Recuva Shows File Is Unrecoverable” Error
There are several reasons that may cause the “Recuva not recovering files properly” issue. Below, we have listed some common reasons:
- You might be running a corrupted version of the Recuva file recovery software.
- You would have ended up with a file recovery failure.
- Recuva fails to recover certain file formats.
- Outdated version of the Recuva software.
Ways to Resolve “Recuva Shows File Is Unrecoverable” Error
If Recuva fails to recover your files, we have mentioned some solutions that you can implement to resolve the issue.
[Suggested Reading]: Free Data Recovery Tools from Stellar
Method 1: Reach Out to the Recuva Support Team
If Recuva Data Recovery software fails to recover your lost data or is unable to open the restored files, then you must get in touch with the Recuva Support Team immediately. They have a dedicated team of professionals who are available to provide you with solutions to troubleshoot the issue. If required, their experts can guide you through the entire restoration process to ensure you can get your lost/missing photos, videos, documents, and other multimedia files using Recuva.
Method 2: Deal with Recuva Overwritten Files
Overwrite means to record or copy new data over existing data when a file or directory is updated. When a file is overwritten, new information is recorded over the old information. The unused file system clusters are used to record new information. Your new data could replace the old data and you can never get back the old one by using any file recovery software. If you have a backup in advance, you have a chance to recover the overwritten files.
You can recover data using the Previous Version – a backup and recovery feature in Windows. You can use this feature to restore deleted, formatted, modified, damaged, or lost files and folders. For doing so, proceed with the below-given steps:
- Right-click the file and choose Properties option.
- Now, open the Previous Version tab and select the latest version.
- At last, click on Restore to get back the overwritten files.
An Alternative to Recuva
In case Recuva fails to perform successful data recovery, you can choose reliable and advanced free data recovery software. You can choose the Free software Edition of the Stellar Data Recovery software for recovering your lost or deleted data. It supports several file systems, including FAT (FAT32), exFAT, NTFS, etc. The data recovery application supports both internal and external storage media. It scans the drive and retrieves deleted and lost photos, videos, docs, and other files.
Follow the below-given steps to recover files by using the Stellar Windows data recovery software – free edition:
- Firstly, download, install and run Stellar Free Data Recovery Edition. It will open up the software interface on your computer screen.
- From the ‘Select What to Recover’ screen, select ‘Everything’ or type of data you want to recover, such as Documents, Folders, Emails, or Multimedia Files, and click Next.
- From the ‘Recover from’ screen, select the drive or location from where you lost the data and click Scan.
Note: You can also enable the “Deep Scan” option (bottom-left corner of the wizard) to thoroughly scan the location based on file signatures.
- It will begin the scanning process.
- Once the scan completes, the recoverable files display in Tree View, File Type, or Deleted List format.
- Once you expand the Tree View, it will display the recovered files. If required, you can also preview the recovered files.
- When previewed, select the files and click Recover.
- At last, click Browse to choose the location and then click ‘Start Saving’ to store the recovered files.
Read Also: How To Fix Video Error Code 224003
Summing It Up
Several Windows users have reported encountering the Recuva shows the file is an unrecoverable issue. As discussed above, there are numerous factors, which result in such an issue. In such a situation, you must look for an alternative to Recuva that can help you successfully recover lost data. One of the best alternatives is the Stellar Windows Data Recovery Software. This DIY data recovery software is so easy-to-use that even a person with no technical expertise can use all the features and recover the data effortlessly.