|Summary: In this blog we will discuss the occurrence of 0xc00d36e5 Error in Videos and various methods to fix the unplayable 0xc00d36e5 error in Windows System.
With the help of Stellar Video Repair you can fix any type of video which are corrupted, videos showing 0xc00d36e5 Error, grainy videos, etc. You can also download the demo version of the software to understand the interface and working of the software, the demo version is free to download.
If you want to fix code 0xc00d36e5 video error now, click on the download button above.
Why You Get a 0xc00d36e5 error in Windows PC?
There may be various reasons your videos are showing a 0xc00d36e5 error such as:
- Error in computer settings
- Insufficient power supply
- Windows registry corruption
- Header corruption or Video file corruption
- A third-party application that is creating a conflict in Windows
- Codecs not supporting
Case 1: I recorded a 40 min Battlefield game with ShadowPlay on my Windows 10 PC. Now when I am trying to play the recording, I get this code 0xc00d36e5 error. I was playing on MP4 which has now become the unplayable MP4 file video. How can I fix the error and watch my video?
Case 2: I can’t play my videos in Windows Movie Maker. A message appears ‘Can’t Play. Item is unplayable, please reacquire the content. 0xc00d36e5 Send feedback.’Is there a way I can play the videos?
Fault code 0xc00d36e5 is a Windows error, which occurs when you try to play videos in Movie Maker or Windows Media Player. However, it can be fixed and you can watch your videos again on Windows PC.
Methods to Fix Code 0xc00d36e5 Error in Videos
1. Use VLC Media Player to fix 0xc00d36e5 Error
VLC is not just a powerful media player but also has the capability to fix small corruption issues in the videos files. Download the VLC Media Player on your Windows PC from its official site.
Steps to fix code 0xc00d36e5 in VLC Media Player
- Open VLC Player. Go to Tools > Preference > Input & Codecs
- Select Always Fix
- Click Save
Now, check if your video is playing without any error in the media player.
2. Fix with Stellar Repair for Video
If you are unable to repair your video with VLC Media Player, it is best to use an advanced repair software that can fix fault code 0xc00d36e5.
| Special Offer – Get 20% OFF on Stellar Photo Recovery Software
|Now Get 20% Off On Photo Recovery Software*. Use BLOG20* at the time of Checkout.
- Offer available for 1& 2 year version of photo recovery software
- Exclusive offer for our blog readers
Use Stellar Repair for Video. It can fix any sort of corruption in the files due to which you get the error. The software repairs the corruption in header, frames, and movement of video, etc., making your videos playable again. Stellar Repair for Video is easy to use and quick to repair multiple video files in one go.
Can also read- Stellar Repair for Video – A Complete Solution for Corrupted Video File Repair
It supports videos from all types of camera – DSLR, digicam, mobile phone, CCTV, or drone, etc. You can easily repair video files with extension MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, AVCHD, MJPEG, FLV, DIVX, MPEG, WEBM, ASF, WMV, MTS, M4V, F4V, 3G2, and 3GP, saved in SD card, pen drive, hard drive, etc.
Steps to Repair Code 0xc00d36e5 in Videos
- Download and launch the software on your PC
- Top on Add File to add the error giving video file
- Click Repair
- Save Repaired Files
Watch the video for step-by-step to fix error code 0xc00d36e5.
3. Change your PC settings and Drivers
The 0xc00d36e5 video error could be appearing due to your computer settings and drivers. To rule out the cause, once try to play the video in Safe Mode.
Steps to play video in Safe Mode in Windows 10
- Go to Settings in Windows 10
- Select Update & security>Recovery
- Under Advanced startup, select Restart now
- After the PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, follow Troubleshoot > Advanced options> Startup Settings > Restart
- Save Repaired Files
- After your PC restarts, Select 4 or F4 to start PC in Safe Mode
Steps to exit Safe Mode
- Press the Windows logo key + R
- Type “msconfig” in the box and select OK
- Select the Boot tab
- Under Boot options, uncheck the Safe boot checkbox
If the videos are playable in Safe Mode, do the following to fix the error 0xc00d36e5 in your videos:
- Update the video drivers
- Change the computer settings under Settings > Apps > Video Playback in Windows PC. You may change the Display, Advanced, and Graphic settings, etc.
If the videos are not playable in Safe Mode, they are probably corrupt, use a Stellar Repair for Video to fix the ‘Can’t play video – 0xc00d36e5’ error.
4. Run SFC scan and DISM Command
Run SFC scan and DISM command on your Windows computer. This will help you to know if the error is appearing due to corruption in the video file or not.
Steps to run SFC scan
- Type CMD in Windows Search box
- Right-click on CMD
- Select Run as Administrator
- In the command prompt, type sfc/scan now and press Enter
- After the repair and scanning process ends, restart your computer
- Now play your video. If the problem remains, run the DISM command
Steps to run DISM command
- Press Windows + X
- Select Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Press Enter to start run the program. This will take over 10 minutes to finish
- Restart your PC and run again the SFC scan using the above steps.
5. Uninstall the third-party Application
Often some third-party applications interfere with the smooth functioning of your PC. They may make your system slow and the videos unplayable. So, if you are receiving the error after downloading any such software, plugins or add-ons, etc., simply uninstall it. Now, try to play the videos. The video error 0xc00d36e5 problem should be resolved.
Workarounds to repair code error 0xC00d36E5 in videos
- Convert your video file to another supported format 10
- Play your video in other media players
- Update your Windows
There are various methods to for 0xc00d36e5 repair that appears when trying to play video in Windows computer. You may choose to repair your video file using a video repair software, change the computer settings, update your PC drivers, run SFC scan and DISM command or uninstall the third-party application if any.
Methods like SFC scan or changing the computer setting require some kind of technical know-how while video repair utility like Stellar Repair for Video is the easiest solution. You can fix any corruption in the file, overcome error 0xc00d36e5, and make your videos playable again, that too without you doing much ado.
For any query, reach us by giving comments in the box below.