Amongst numerous system errors, ‘boot device not found error’ is the most common problem faced by computer users. And it occurs unexpectedly, without giving you a chance to act. But, you can easily fix the boot device not found 3F0 error by following a set of measures. These remedial measures are applicable when you see any of the following hard drive errors on the screen:
- Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk.
- No boot device available.
- Boot device not found – hard disk (3F0).
- No bootable device found – insert boot disk and press any key.
Boot Device Not Found – Data Recovery
Is Hard Drive having 3F0 error? We can help you in recovering data from damaged Hard Drive.
Your hard drive needs to be operated in CLASS 100 Cleanroom; where the expert technician will fix the boot device not found 3F0 error.
Stellar is a global leader in recovering data from all type of hard drives. Get a FREE estimate to recover your data from damaged Hard Drive.
When does Boot Device Not Found 3F0 Error Occurs?
A hard drive boot device not found3F0 error occurs when the hard disk does not support the system boot process. During the booting process, the operating system loads into Random Access Memory (RAM). To accomplish this task, a setup process initiates, and Basic Input-Output System (BIOS) takes charge. The BIOS accesses certain files from the bootable device, a.k.a. hard disk. But when the hard drive is not accessible, ‘boot device not found 3F0 error’ pops on the computer screen.
What are the Causes of Boot Device 3F0 Error?
If you can identify the cause of 3F0 error, you can take a suitable course of action to fix boot device not found error. The possible causes of hard drive 3f0 error comprise of:
- Incorrect boot sequence in the BIOS
- Master Boot Record (MBR) or boot sector is damaged
- Hard drive connection issue
- Malware attack
- Corrupt hard drive partitions
- Damaged hard drive
How to Fix Boot Device Not Found Error?
1. Perform a Hard Reset
A hard reset re-establishes the connection between BIOS and the hardware. Performing a hard reset is easy and it may fix boot device not found 3F0 error. Follow these steps:
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the computer from any docking station and unplug the AC adaptor from the computer.
- Ensure no peripheral devices are connected to the computer.
- Now press the Power button for 15 seconds to drain out residual charge.
- Press the Power button to start the system.
- Once the Startup menu appears, use arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally and press Enter.
2. Restore BIOS Default Settings
Sometimes, the system is configured to boot from an unbootable disk. To fix boot device not found 3F0 error, follow these steps:
- Press the Power button to start the computer, and immediately after this, repeatedly press F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- To load and restore BIOS Setup Default settings, press F9 on the BIOS setup menu.
- Once loaded, press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Select yes, and then press Enter when it says Exit Saving Changes.
- Follow the instructions to restart the computer.
3. Reset Hard Drive
There might be some lose connections, and resetting hard drive may fix boot device not found error. Follow these steps:
- Press the Power button for a few seconds to turn off the computer.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Now, disconnect and reconnect the hard drive
- Reassemble the computer, and restart it see if it works seamlessly.
What if DIY Methods Fails to Fix Hard Disk Not Found 3F0 Error?
You can fix ‘hard disk error code 3F0’ by following the aforementioned methods. Depending on the exact cause of the error, any one of the methods will fix the problem. However, it’s possible that none of the methods solve the 3F0 hard drive error. In this situation, you must consult data recovery professionals who have expertise in fixing ‘hard disk not found error.’ A data recovery professional can diagnose and solve all types of hard drive errors, including these:
1. Bad sectors in Hard Drive
Bad sectors are defective clusters of storage in hard drives that may develop due to physical damage. In case of a bad sector, the hard drive doesn’t respond to read or write requests. The hard drive testing mechanism checks the partitions to detect any bad sectors. You need to avail the assistance of a data recovery professional to identify and fix hard disk not found error.
2. MBR Damage
Master Boot Record (MBR) is the part of the hard drive that contains executable files, necessary for loading the operating system on the RAM. If the MBR is damaged, you have to rebuild it to ‘fix hard disk not found error 3F0.’ In most of the cases, the damage is due to malware attack, disk failure, or MBR overwrite. Consulting a data recovery professional is the best course of action in this situation.
3. Physical Damage
The physical hard drive damage may occur due to PCB damage, motor failure, head crash, scratches on the platter, etc. In such cases, you cannot adopt a DIY approach to repair a hard drive. A data recovery professional is equipped with the right set of tools, a clean room, and necessary skills to fix ‘hard disk not found error.’
A hard drive 3F0 error can turn your computer system into a malfunctioned machine. But you don’t need to panic and instead, follow these methods to fix ‘hard disk error code 3F0.’ If you can’t do it by yourself, immediately ask for professional help.