|Summary: In this blog, we’ll discuss the solutions to fix the error 0x800ccc1a in MS Outlook 2019. Additionally, we’ll also see probable causes of this error. You may encounter the error 0x800ccc1a in Outlook while trying to send/receive emails. This error doesn’t allow you to perform activities such as opening or sending emails on your Outlook client.
In this blog, we’ll see some of the fixes for the error 0x800ccc1a, but before that, let’s see some of the probable causes of this error.
Causes of MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
Following are some of the causes of this error in MS Outlook 2019:
- Corrupt Outlook profile
- Misconfigured incoming or outgoing server settings—incorrect port number(s) and type of connection
- Corrupt Outlook PST file
- MS Outlook improperly installed
- Virus or malware infection
Now that we know the probable causes, we can try to fix the MS Outlook 2019 0x800ccc1a error. Let’s jump to the methods to fix this error.
Fix Error 0x800ccc1a in MS Outlook 2019
1. Create a new Outlook profile
You can create a new Outlook profile for the same email account by following the steps given below:
- Type control panel on windows search at the bottom-left corner and click Control Panel
- Click Mail
- Now click Show profiles
- Click Add, give a name of your choice to this profile and click OK
- Go for automatic setup and follow the prompts (use the same email address) to complete creating the new Outlook profile.
- Launch the Control Panel once again >> Show Profiles >> Choose Prompt for a profile to be used and click OK
- Close Outlook and relaunch it. Select the newly created profile to load and see if the error is fixed
2. Choose SSL as the type of Encrypted connection
Follow the below-given steps to do this:
- Click File at the top-left corner
- Click Account Settings dropdown, and select Account Settings
- Select the email account and click Change
- Now, click More Settings
- Select the Advanced tab in the window that opens
- Select SSL as the type of encrypted connection for the incoming server
- Check if the port numbers for incoming (POP/IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) server are correct. Get the correct port numbers from here
- Click on OK, Next, Finish, and close
- Restart Outlook and see if the error 0x800ccc1a is fixed
3. Use Outlook inbuilt scanpst.exe tool to repair PST file
When you create an Outlook profile, a PST file is automatically created. The default location of this PST file for Outlook 2019 is:
Corruption of this PST may result in this error. To repair the PST file, you can use scanpst.exe, also called Inbox Repair Tool, which comes built-in with Windows.
[CAUTION]: Trying to repair the PST file by using scanpst.exe may result in data loss.
Follow the steps given below to scan and repair the PST file:
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\office16\
to locate the scanpst tool.
- Run the scanpst.exe file
- Browse the PST. To do this, you can directly navigate to the below-given path and copy it.
Alternatively, you can find the path of the PST file by navigating as follows:
Open Outlook >> File >> Account Settings > Account Settings >> Click Data Files tab >> Select your email account >> Click Open file location >> Copy the file path >> Close Outlook
- Click Start to start scanning the browsed PST file.
- Next, click Repair.
- Once the repair is complete, click
- Launch Outlook and see if this fixed the error 0x800ccc1a in MS Outlook 2019
4. Use a PST Repair Software
If none of the above methods works, you can use a PST repair tool such as Stellar Repair for Outlook. The software repairs severely corrupt PST files and restores mailbox data with 100% integrity and precision. It can export the restored data in multiple file-formats, including PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, or PDF.
In this blog, we got to know the probable causes of the error 0x800ccc1a in MS Outlook 2019, and the ways to fix it. We also talked about using a PST repair tool as a fix. Such tools repair the corrupt PST file quickly and may fix the error.