[Solution]: How to Fix Hard Disk Error 3F1?
|Summary: The Hard Disk Error 3F1 is primarily related to HP laptops. This error doesn’t allow you to boot the system, and you couldn’t access the data stored on it. If you are getting this error then you need to know the following factors of Hard Disk Error 3F1.|
The complete error message looks similar to the one given below:
|Hard Disk Error |
Please run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics
Hard Disk 1 (3F1)
F2 System Diagnostics
This error typically happens due to the corruption of the hard drive. You may also encounter this error due to faulty BIOS settings. In this post, we’ll share some do-it-yourself methods to fix this error.
इस पोस्ट को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें।
The solution to fix Hard Disk Error 3F1
Solution 1: Reset BIOS
Misconfigured BIOS settings also cause Hard Disk Error 3F1. Resetting the BIOS settings to its factory default settings may help to fix the hard drive 3F1 error.
Resetting BIOS by using BIOS Setup Utility
1. Start/Restart the system.
2. While the screen is blank and the system tries to load, start tapping the F10 key.
This will open the BIOS setup utility.
[NOTE]: HP systems use the F10 key to get into the BIOS setup utility.
3. Use the keys mentioned on the BIOS setup utility screen to Reset BIOS.
[NOTE]: Typically, the terms mentioned on BIOS setup utility to reset BIOS are: load setup defaults, reset to default, factory default, etc.
Restart the system, and check if the error is fixed.
Resetting BIOS by using Hard Reset Method
If you’re unable to reset BIOS by the above method, follow the steps for hard resetting the BIOS:
1. Shut down the system, and remove the power supply.
2. With a screwdriver, remove the system cabinet side panel.
3. Remove the CMOS battery (if removable) connected to the motherboard.
4. Connect the CMOS battery.
This resets the BIOS.
Power ON the system and see if the error is fixed.
If you’re unable to fix the error by resetting BIOS, boot your system in safe mode with networking to try the methods that follow. These methods help to fix minor issues with the hard drive due to which you may have encountered the hard disk 3F1 error.
Additional Reading: Data Recovery from Unbootable PC
|[NOTE]: As the most probable cause of HARD DISK 1 (3F1) error is the corruption or physical failure of the drive, it’s recommended to seek the help of a Professional Data Recovery Service provider in the first place to recover your data. This helps prevent further damages and permanent data loss.|
Solution 2: Safe Mode with Networking
Follow the steps below to enter into safe mode with networking.
1. Turn ON the system.
2. The moment you see the manufacturer’s logo, power OFF your system by pressing the power button again.
3. Repeat this process 3 times.
4. Turn ON the system 4th time and let it load completely this time.
This would open a screen “Choose an option”.
5. From this screen, navigate as follows:
Troubleshoot >> >Advanced options > Startup Settings
6. Click on the Startup Settings option.
Click on the Restart button which will open a new window where you get the option to get into Safe Mode with Networking.
7. Press the F5 key to enter into Safe Mode with Networking.
Solution 2: Use Windows Error Checking Tool
Error checking tool is a Windows utility that can fix minor issues within the drive. Thus, it may also fix a hard drive 3F1 error.
Follow the given steps:
1. Open This PC on your system.
2. Right-click a partition on the drive, and select Properties.
3. Select the Tools tab.
4. Click on the check button.
5. Use the same steps to check and fix issues on other partitions of the drive.
Restarting the system after running this Windows utility should fix the error, giving you access to your data.
Solution 4: Run CHKDSK Command
Running CHKDSK command from Command Prompt helps in fixing disk corruption issues.
Here are the steps:
1. Press Windows + R, and search cmd in the search box and hit enter.
2. Type the command given below, and hit Enter.
chkdsk /f /r x:
Where, x is the drive letter of a volume on your hard disk
/f fixes errors
/r identifies the bad sectors and tries to read information from them
3. When the execution of command completes for the specified partition, run the same command targeting the other partition, and continue doing this for all the other volumes on the drive.
Restart the system and check if Hard Disk Error 3F1 is resolved. If you couldn’t fix the issue even by trying the above methods, it means that the hard disk is severely corrupt or physically damaged. In such a case, it is recommended to contact a data recovery expert like Stellar to recover your precious data from the hard disk. The Professional Data Recovery Service provider uses propriety tools and equipment and can recover data even from the unbootable drive.
Additional Reading: How to Fix Boot Device Not Found 3F0 Error?
Hard Disk 1 (3F1) error leaves your system unbootable making your data inaccessible. This error code signifies that the hard disk has physically crashed, got corrupted or the faulty BIOS settings are causing this issue.
In this blog, we have discussed some methods in detail, to fix the issues that might cause this error. If the error remains unresolved, we also recommended contacting a Professional Data Recovery Service provider like Stellar to recover data from the drive.