Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone Without any Backup
“I accidentally deleted my contacts from iPhone!” If you own an iPhone and have faced a similar situation before frantically searching for a solution online, you can take a breather now.
Deleted contacts from iPhones can be a nuisance. But they are relatively common occurrences too, and a lot of solutions exist to fix them.
A lot of reasons can lead to iPhone deleted contacts. Some of the major ones include interruption of iOS updates, accidental deletion of contacts, factory reset, and so on. If you are reading this, there are high chances that you have not taken a back up. Whatever the case, we will cover every possible method to recover deleted contacts from iPhone.
So let’s delve into the details of how you can recover deleted contacts on your iPhone:
1. How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone Straight through the Phone
If you were logged into your iCloud account on your iPhone and the contacts were being synced in the process. Therefore, you can quickly recover them by simply restoring the backup. For this need is to follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option on your phone.
- If you are using iOS 10.2, choose ‘iCloud’. For iOS 10.3 and later, tap on your name and choose ‘iCloud’.
- Check whether the ‘Contacts’ option is On or Off. If it is On, turn it off. Then, choose ‘Keep on my iPhone’.
- Turn it On again. Now choose the ‘Merge’ option.
- This will restore all the deleted contacts on your iPhone. It will complete when the merging process ends.
If this doesn’t work or if the contacts were not synced with iCloud, read on.
2. Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone via iCloud
You can use this method in the case the ‘Contact’ option on the iPhone was turned off. But, you would still need a previous syncing of contacts with the iCloud. Here, you can directly download the deleted contacts from iCloud. They can then be exported to the Computer and eventually, saved to your iPhone. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to iCloud.com. Log into your account.
- Click on ‘Contacts’.
- Go to Settings. Click on the cog icon on the bottom left corner.
- Click on ‘Export vCard’.
- Save the resulting file on your computer. The extension would be a .vcf file.
- Attach the .vcf file to an email. Send it to yourself.
- Open the email on your iPhone. Tap on the attachment.
- Tap the ‘Add Contacts’ button. You will be able to see two options. You can either create a new contact list or merge it with the existing contacts on your phone.
- Choose the appropriate option to restore.
3. Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone via iTunes
This option will work for you if you have backed up your iPhone using iTunes. You can simply restore the stored backup on your iPhone and recover the contacts. Follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer. Launch iTunes.
- Click on the device tab. Navigate to your phone. Click on it.
- Click on ‘Summary’. Choose the option ‘Restore iPhone’.
- You will see a list of backups previously made. Choose the backup you want to restore. Click on ‘Restore iPhone’. This will restore your contacts.
NOTE: Please note that this will also replace all the content on your iPhone. If you don’t want to lose the content, consider taking a separate backup for it.
4. How to Retrieve Deleted Contacts on iPhone Without Backup
In the case you don’t have any backup whatsoever, you can still recover your contacts. When data is deleted on your iPhone, it is not usually lost immediately, though it can be overwritten with continuous usage.
The iPhone Data Recovery Software can save all your data within minutes. It is one of the best DIY software to recover any accidentally deleted contacts. Not only this, but it can also restore deleted messages, calendars, photos, videos, call history, and more.
Here are the salient features of the software which provide high value to all our customers:
- Retrieve all your lost contact details from your iPhone, iTunes, or iCloud backups.
- Save Contacts in multiple formats. These include VCF, CSV, and HTML.
- Different attributes attached to the contacts are also saved.
- Recover all sorts of files from your iPhone. These include missing photos, videos, camera rolls, photo streams, etc.
- Data Recovery from encrypted iTunes backup files is supported.
- Messages from other apps can be restored. These include WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, Viber, Tango, and Kik.
- Selective data from iTunes and iCloud backups can be restored.
- Every iPhone model supported. This includes iPhone® X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6S Plus, 6S, 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5c, 5, 4S And 4.
Scenarios Where Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone can Help You
Whether you are dealing with lost contacts or files, the iPhone Data Recovery Software can help you with anything. It can recover lost data in scenarios like:
- Black Screen of Death
- iPhone stuck at Apple logo
- Factory Reset
Losing contacts can be scary. They can cut you off from the world. If the first three steps don’t work for you, then download iPhone Data Recovery Software and recover deleted contacts.