Solution: How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone?
|Summary: This blog explains different methods to recover deleted contacts from iPhones. Also, you’ll learn about a specialized iPhone data recovery software that can recover deleted contacts from iPhone in just a few clicks. Try the free demo version to understand the utility of the software and to preview recovered contacts.|
इस पोस्ट को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें।
- Restore Deleted iPhone Contacts from iCloud Backup
- Restore from iCloud When Contacts Option is Off
- Retrieve Deleted Contacts from iPhone via iTunes
- Salvage Contacts on iPhone Without Backup
“I accidentally deleted iPhone contacts!”
If you have deleted or lost contacts from your iPhone, there is no need to worry as there are ways to recover them. Losing contacts from the iPhone is a relatively common occurrence. You may lose contact with your iPhone due to various reasons. Some common ones include interruption of iOS updates, accidental deletion of contacts, factory reset, etc. If you have come looking for a solution here, there’s a possibility that you have not backed up your contacts. Let’s discuss the ways how to recover contacts from iPhones.
Methods to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone
Restore Deleted iPhone Contacts from iCloud Backup
If you’ve synced the iPhone contacts to iCloud, you can easily recover deleted contacts from the iCloud backup. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the ‘Settings option on your iPhone.
- If you are using iOS 10.2, choose ‘iCloud’. On iOS 10.3 and later versions, tap on your name and choose ‘iCloud’.
- Check whether the ‘Contacts’ option is ‘On’ or ‘Off’. If it is ‘On’, turn it ‘Off’. Then, choose ‘Keep on my iPhone’.
- Turn it ‘On’ again. Now choose the ‘Merge’ option.
- The contacts will be restored on the iPhone when the merging process completes.
Restore from iCloud when Contacts Option is Off
If the ‘Contacts’ option on the iPhone was turned off, you can still restore the contacts from iCloud. However, you will need a previous syncing of contacts with iCloud. Here, the deleted contacts can be directly downloaded from iCloud. The salvaged data can then be exported to the Computer and eventually, saved to your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Go to ‘iCloud.com’. Log into your account and click on ‘Contacts’.
- Go to Settings. Click on the cog icon at the bottom left corner.
- Click on ‘Export vCard’.
- Save the resulting file on your computer. The file extension would be .vcf.
- Attach the .vcf file to an email and mail it to yourself.
- Open the email on your iPhone. Tap on the attachment.
- Tap the ‘Add Contacts’ button. There will be a prompt with two options: Create a new contact list or merge it with the Existing Contacts on your phone.
- Choose the option that suits you best. Your Contacts will be restored.
You can also read, how to recover deleted files on iPhone.
Retrieve Deleted Contacts from iPhone via iTunes
This option works if you have backed up your iPhone using iTunes.
Follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. Launch iTunes.
- Click on the device tab. Navigate to your iPhone. Click on it.
- Click on ‘Summary’. Choose the option ‘Restore iPhone’.
- A list of previously backed-up files will pop up. Choose the file/s you want to restore. Click on ‘Restore iPhone’. This will retrieve the deleted contacts.
NOTE: This process will also replace all the content on your iPhone. If you don’t want to lose any other content, consider taking a separate backup for it.
Also Read: Ways to fix iTunes Error 4005
Salvage Contacts on iPhone Without Backup
If you have not backed up your Contacts, you can use a specialized iPhone data recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone to recover deleted Contacts from your iPhone. Not just Contacts, this iPhone Data Recovery Software can also restore deleted messages, calendar items, photos, videos, call history, and more. You can install the free demo version of the software to its functionality and preview recovered contacts.
Here are some important features of the software:
- Retrieves deleted Contacts from your iPhone, iTunes, or iCloud backups.
- Saves Contacts in multiple formats, including VCF, CSV, and HTML.
- Other attributes attached to the contacts are also saved.
- Recovers various file formats from your iPhone, including missing photos, videos, camera rolls, photo streams, etc.
- Data Recovery from encrypted iTunes backup files is supported.
- Restores messages from apps, such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, Viber, Tango, and Kik.
- Selective data recovery from iTunes and iCloud.
- Supports all iPhone models, including iPhone® 13/12/11/X and lower versions.
Scenarios Where Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone can Help You
Whether you are dealing with lost Contacts or other files, the iPhone Data Recovery Software can help you with anything. It can recover lost data from iPhone in scenarios like:
- Black Screen of Death
- iPhone stuck at Apple logo
- Factory Reset
Losing Contacts from your iPhone can be a nightmare. However, you can recover the contacts from your iPhone by following the methods mentioned in this post. If you don’t have a backup on iCloud or iTunes, the best bet is to download iPhone Recovery Software to salvage the deleted contacts.