Data Protection Tips For Monsoon Season?
Every Monsoon, Stellar Data Recovery Engineers observe the same pattern of data loss issues: data loss due to power outages, humidity, moisture and so on. It’s been 23+ years we are serving data recovery services to all over India. But, In every monsoon season, we observe same data loss situations.
Steps to protect your data in Monsoon Season
There are some simple steps of Data protection tips that can help you to protect your data from data loss, especially in Monsoon/Rainy season.
- Back up your data, It is recommended to take regular backup. As Monsoon season is bound to cause power outages and become a reason for data loss. It’s better to use power outage protector along with maintaining data backup.
- Try to keep your system away from the humid place. As humid climate can increase the risk of data loss by increasing the chances of corrosion.
- Use proper Uninterrupted Power Supply(UPS), so that your system keeps on running during power outages. As in Monsoon season, Power fluctuations are highly observed.
- Try to avoid keeping your system in the low-lying area, It is better to place your system at properly ventilated place. So it will not confront with corrosion effect due to humidity.
Certain times, even after taking proper precautions and measures users confront with data loss situation. Taking proper precautions can help you to reduce the chances of data loss. But in severe cases, these precautions can not help you to protect your data. Some below mentioned steps can explain your how to respond if confront with data loss situation:
How to respond to data loss situation
- Do not try to recover data by yourself. Because it is possible to recover the data till the time it is not overwritten. Certain times, people open the storage media to analyse the fault. One wrong step can ruin all the chances of data recovery.
- Properly handle the damaged or affected media, Do not shake it or clean it with anything.
- If storage media is affected by water, don’t try to dry it by exposing it to heat. It is not going to help you anyway.
- Consult with data recovery experts, they will provide you proper consultation and suggest you available options. So that you can choose for the best.
In conclusion, based on the above-mentioned Data protection tips you can safeguard your data. But in the case of any kind of damage, the Data Recovery Service is the ideal choice. Choosing a trustworthy Service Provider like Stellar Data Recovery can save you from a big data loss. Data Recovery experts, properly analyse the storage media. And then carry out whole recovery process in the controlled environment of Class 100 Clean Room.