How to Recover Deleted CR2 Photos from Canon Camera?
|Summary: There’re several reasons, such as accidental deletion, interruption during photo transfer, etc. that may result in photos loss/deletion from Canon cameras. This blog lists all the possible reasons behind photo deletion/loss from cameras. It also mentions professional photo recovery software that can help you recover deleted CR2 photos from your Canon camera.|
CR2 (Canon Raw Format version 2.0) is a RAW image file format that is created by various digital cameras of Canon. You may lose your Canon camera photos due to several reasons, such as accidental deletion, interruption during photo transfer, virus infection, improper camera usage, etc. Below, we’ve mentioned the perfect solution to recover the deleted/lost Canon camera photos. But before proceeding, let’s look at some other reasons behind photo deletion/loss from the Canon camera.
इस पोस्ट को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
Reasons behind Photo Loss/Deletion from Canon Camera
Below we have listed some common reasons behind photo loss or deletion from Canon camera:
- Clicking Pictures on Low Battery: If you continue to click pictures on a low battery without properly saving them, chances are there that you might lose the pictures.
- Accidental Deletion: Sometimes while deleting unwanted pictures from your camera, you end up deleting the required photos accidentally.
- Sudden System Shutdown: If your system shuts down while transferring pictures from the Canon camera to your PC, there’s a possibility that your pictures would be lost.
- Virus Attack: When your memory card gets infected with the virus, it corrupts all your photo files and makes your memory card inaccessible.
- Formatting the Memory Card: Your photos get deleted if you mistakenly format your camera’s memory card.
How to Retrieve Deleted CR2 Photos from Canon Camera?
The only solution to recover the deleted or missing photos from the Canon camera is by using professional photo recovery software such as Stellar Photo Recovery. The software works efficiently with all the models of Canon cameras, DSLRs, and camcorders. It allows you to recover all the image file formats associated with Canon devices, i.e., CR2, CRW, and JPEG. The software supports all types, sizes, and brands of microSD cards, SDHC cards, SD cards, and SDXC cards that are used with Canon cameras. Apart from photos, you can also recover videos shot with Canon cameras.
Stellar Photo Recovery works well in the below-listed scenarios:
- When you accidentally delete the RAW or JPEG files from the Canon SD card.
- The camera SD card turns corrupt and isn’t recognized by your computer.
- If you lost pictures while transferring them from a Canon camera to a PC/Mac.
- After you insert the SD card, it displays the error ‘No SD card inserted.’
- If after clicking photos, your Canon camera crashes or freezes.
- When Canon SD card or CF card asks to format.
Follow the below-given steps to recover deleted CR2 photos from Canon:
- First, you have to download and install the Stellar Photo Recovery software.
- Then, connect the Canon camera SD card to your system via a card reader.
If required, you may follow these steps (optional):
Click on the Advanced Settings icon at the top.
Select Photo formats and choose Canon file types option, followed by Close. It reduces the scan time and ensures you restore only what you want.
- After that, select the Canon SD card and click on Scan, followed by Recover.
- When recovered, preview the photos and save them at your desired destination.
Note: Don’t save the photos at the same location from where you lost them.
Tips to Avoid Photos Loss from Canon Cameras
Here’re some tips to avoid photos loss from Canon cameras:
- Use a high-class 10 or above camera SD card.
- Make sure to turn off the camera before removing the SD card.
- Stop shooting when the SD card storage is full.
- Safely insert/remove the card from your camera and computer.
Related Blog Post: How to Fix Can’t View Photos on Windows 10?
Summing It Up
You may end up losing photos due to human error and technical faults. However, you can easily recover lost CR2 photos from Canon cameras in cases of deletion, corruption, or formatting with the help of professional photo recovery software. One such tool is Stellar Photo Recovery which allows you to recover photos from all types of Canon camera cards. It efficiently restores pictures shot with DSLR, camcorder, etc.