|Summary: This blog mentions the best methods to recover deleted photos from Photo Booth Mac. It also talks about a photo recovery software for Mac that you can use to recover deleted photos, irrespective of the reason of loss.
‘I upgraded my MacBook Pro to macOS Big Sur. Now several hundred pictures disappeared from my Photo Booth app. Only some old photos of 3 years back are visible. Is it possible to retrieve them? It’s really important!’
– MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1 User
Photo Booth is an application on Mac that provides you innovative ways to capture photos and videos. Sometimes, your Photo Booth images get deleted or go missing. In that case, what should you do? Is it possible to recover the deleted photos from Photo Booth?
Well, yes it’s possible to restore Photo Booth pictures irrespective of the reason of loss. We have mentioned some easy and effective methods in this blog to recover deleted Photo Booth photos on Mac.
Methods to Recover Deleted Photos from Photo Booth Mac
Follow the below-mentioned methods to recover deleted photos from Photo Booth Mac:
Method 1: Check ‘Pictures’ Folder in Finder
By default, the Photo Booth images are saved in Photo Booth Library located in the Pictures folder. Due to a technical glitch, it may happen that you may fail to see the photos in the app, but they are visible in the library. Thus, make sure if the missing photos are showing in the Picture folder. The below-mentioned steps will help you in doing so:
- Go to Pictures from the finder side bar.
- From there, select the Photo Booth Library, followed by Show Package Contents > Pictures.
- Now, open the Pictures folder and check if your photos are there.
- When found, save and back up the photos at another location.
Method 2: Check the Mac’s Trash
If you’ve deleted the Photo Booth photos, you can check the Trash folder on Mac. Trash keeps the deleted items for 30 days or until you empty it. Follow these steps to find and restore deleted photos from Trash:
- Firstly, open Trash from the Dock on Mac.
- Search for the photos you’re looking for. When you found the photos, right-click on each Photo Booth picture.
- Select the Put Back option. The photos will get restored to their original folder.
Method 3: Restore Photos with Time machine Backup
Time Machine is a useful backup utility on Mac, which keeps taking incremental backup of your system. You can check and restore Photo Booth pictures from Time Machine backup by following the below-given steps:
- Open Time Machine.
- Then, navigate to Users>/<user name>/Pictures/Photo Booth Library.
- Select the required timeline that has the Photo Booth images.
- Then, click on Photo Booth Library and select Restore Photo Booth Library option.
- Further, select a destination to save the recovered pictures.
- Lastly, click on Restore and your photos will be restored to the selected location.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Photos with Stellar Photo Recovery for Mac
It may happen that you couldn’t find Photo Booth photos in the Library, Time Machine, or Trash. In that case, using photo recovery software is the only option. Therefore, without wasting any time, download the Stellar Photo Recovery software for MacOS. It is an easy-to-use software and can recover hundreds of photos in no time. Whether your Photo Booth pictures went missing after macOS upgrade, due to macOS crash, or you accidentally deleted them, the software can recover the photos. You can also recover lost pictures even from formatted Mac disks and volumes.
Proceed with the below-stated steps to recover deleted Photo Booth pictures on Mac:
- Download and install Stellar Photo Recovery for Mac. Then, launch it.
- Select the location from where you lost/ deleted photos and click on Scan.
- Once the scanning completes, it will display a list of all the recoverable photos.
- You may preview and select the desired photos from Photo Booth. Then, click Recover to save the photos on your Mac.
- Go to the location where you saved the recovered Photo Booth pictures and view them.
Summing It Up
When you’re unable to recover lost photos from backup or Trash, the only way left is to use photo recovery software. Stellar Photo Recovery software is an advanced photo recovery software that helps recover missing or deleted Photo Booth pictures in no time.
Related Blog Post: How to Fix Can’t View Photos on Windows 10?