What is X3F File Error and How to Recover Deleted X3F File?
Summary: If you are facing issues while opening the X3F files or have accidentally deleted the files, this post will help you. In this post, we’ve discussed the X3F files in detail and the reasons behind X3F file errors. In addition, we’ve mentioned ways to restore deleted X3F files. The best way to restore deleted X3F files is by using advanced photo recovery software.
What is X3F File?
X3F is a file extension associated with the Sigma Camera. Basically, it is an extension of the RAW image in different operating systems, such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a high-end digital picture format, also referred to as the Foveon X3 format or “FOVb”. You can use the Sigma Photo Pro software to open and manage such RAW picture files. You can also open the X3F files using various software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW, Google Picasa, etc.
What are X3F File Errors?
Sometimes, you face issues while opening or accessing the X3F files. There are certain reasons that may restrain you from accessing the X3F files, resulting in the X3F file errors. Let’s shed some light on a few of them.
- Deleted or Corrupt X3F File – The X3F file becomes corrupt or you have accidentally deleted it. In such cases, you need a secure way to get the lost X3F files or RAW files back.
- Virus Intrusion – Virus or malware attacks may prevent you from accessing the X3F file. Immediately scan the entire computer system with a powerful antivirus program to remove the virus.
- Formatted Storage Media – There are chances that you have formatted the entire storage drive where the X3F files are stored. Make sure to choose the best way to restore the files.
- No Appropriate Rights to Access the X3F File – At times, the access rights are with the administrator only. Either log in with administrator credentials or ask the administrator to permit you to access the X3F files.
- OS and Drivers are not Updated – If the drivers or the OS version is not up-to-date, it may also result in the inaccessibility of the X3F file.
How to Recover Deleted X3F Files?
Here are some ways to recover your deleted or lost X3F files.
- Restore from Backup – If you have turned on the in-built backup feature in Windows or Mac OS, you can easily restore your deleted X3F files. For this, navigate to “Backup and Restore” in Windows and “Time Machine” in the Mac OS system.
- Use a Professional Photo Recovery Software – Using professional photo recovery software is the best way to recover the lost X3F files. You can opt for the Stellar Photo Recovery Software that can recover all types of image files, including the RAW images. In addition, it can recover the deleted or corrupt images of different cameras, such as Sigma (X3F), Canon (CR2), etc.
Steps to recover deleted X3F files by using the software.
- Download, install and launch the Stellar Photo Recovery Software.
- Choose the location from where you have deleted the X3F files.
- Click on “Scan”.
- Once the scanning process is complete, you can preview the restored X3F images.
Note: If you cannot find your deleted X3F files, click on “Deep Scan” to perform deep scanning.
- Once you get all the deleted RAW files, click on “Recover”.
- Next, click on “Browse” to choose the desired location to save the recovered X3F files.
Note: Don’t choose the same location from where you have deleted the X3F files to avoid overwriting.
X3F files are RAW image files of the Sigma camera. They cannot be accessed or opened using normal photo software. It requires some third-party software to open the X3F RAW image file.
If you’ve deleted or lost your X3F files and don’t have a backup, you can use powerful photo recovery software, such as Stellar Photo Recovery Software. The software can help you restore the deleted RAW files in just a few clicks.