Recover your files deleted from Recycle bin or deleted by Shift+Del function
When the Recycle Bin/Trash is empty and backup is obsolete or not available, deleted file recovery is possible only with the help of a powerful data recovery software.
Stellar Data Recovery offers a complete range of data recovery options to recover deleted data as per the data loss scenarios. Choose the most effective data recovery option.
When a file is deleted in Windows or Mac system, the data remains on the drive physically as only the logical address (pointer) to the location is removed from the file system index — even if you have emptied the Recycle Bin/Trash or used the ‘SHIFT+DEL’ key.
The deleted file remains on the drive and is recoverable unless it’s overwritten by a new file or data. However, it’s important to stop using your Mac or Windows PC or the affected storage media immediately after the data loss to prevent overwriting.
[NOTE: If the data is critical or sensitive, seek help from a data recovery expert instead of trying a DIY solution. While a powerful data recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery is safe and reliable, a data recovery expert can guide you better in recovery of lost data.]
Stellar Data Recovery for Windows
Exclusive Offer- Enjoy Unlimited Data Recovery for 1 Month @ ₹3,999
- Get Instant Key
- Get Service Coupon worth ₹ 1,500
- Free Technical support
How to Recover Deleted Files from Windows PC?
1. Recover Deleted Files from Recycle Bin Folder
If you have accidentally deleted a file in your Windows PC, it can be restored from the Recycle Bin folder, if the Bin hasn’t been emptied already. To recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin in Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Open Recycle Bin folder
- Locate the deleted file(s)
- Right-click on the files and click ‘Restore.’
2. Restore Previous Versions
If the File History option is active and configured on your system, you can use ‘Restore previous versions’ option to get back deleted files in Windows. Follow these steps to get back deleted files with File History,
- Navigate to the folder or drive from where file is deleted
- Right-click on the folder or drive and choose ‘Restore previous versions
- Select the previous version of the folder when the file was not deleted
- Click ‘Restore’ or just drag & drop the folder on Desktop
Check the restored version of the folder for the deleted file.
3. Use Data Recovery Software
If the files have been deleted from the Recycle Bin folder and File History, use Stellar Data Recovery software to recover deleted files from a Windows PC or supported internal or external storage devices such as hard drive, SSD, thumb drive, memory card, etc. Following the steps below:
- Download and install Stellar Data Recovery software
- Select the location or drive volume from where files have been deleted.
- Click "Scan"
- In case the deleted files are not found, tap on ‘Click Here’ link at the bottom to run a deep scan
- After the scan is complete, click on the file -- photo, video, document, or audio -- to preview the content before saving. Use the search bar to locate the desired files for faster recovery.
- Click ‘File Type’ tab in the left-pane to sort the scan results according to their file type.
- Select the files you want to save and click ‘Recover.
- Click ‘Browse’ to choose a save location on a different hard disk or external hard drive and click ‘Start Saving’.
How to Recover Deleted files from Mac OS?
Mac’s Trash folder contains the recently deleted files. In Mac, when you accidentally delete some files, they go to the Trash folder and remain there for at least 30 days.
To recover deleted files in Mac,
- Open the Trash folder and drag and drop the files on Desktop that you want to recover.
Download, install and run Stellar Mac Data Recovery software on your Mac system.
If the Trash is empty, follow general file recovery steps:
- Download, install and run Stellar Data Recovery software on your Mac system.
- Choose file types that you wish to recover and click ‘Next.’
- Select the folder or drive volume from where data is missing or has been accidentally deleted.
- Click ‘Scan’
- When the scan is complete and if the desired file is not found, tap on ‘Click Here’ to run ‘Deep Scan.’
- Post scan, you can click on the respective files for a preview before saving. You may also use the search bar to locate desired files for recovery.
- Select the files you wish to recover and click ‘Recover.’
- Click ‘Browse’ and choose a save location, preferably on an external storage drive
- Click ‘Start Saving’ and wait for the software to finish saving selected files at your desired location
Recover Deleted Files from External Windows or Mac Drives
To recover files deleted from external Windows or Mac drives, check the Recycle Bin or Trash folder.
If the files are not found there, immediately seek help from a data recovery software. Stellar Data Recovery software is effective in recovering files from all kinds of Windows-based storage media devices. The powerful DIY data recovery software is available for both Mac and Windows operating systems. It helps in getting back lost files from a formatted, corrupt, or missing internal or external drive partition.
Connect the external USB drive to your Windows PC and run Stellar Data recovery software for windows to restore data in three simple steps — Select, Scan and Recover.
As mentioned earlier, get in touch with a professional data recovery expert when the data is important.
Recover Deleted Data from RAID 0, RAID 5, or RAID 6 Array
RAID, a data storage virtualization technology that combines multiple physical disk drive components into one or more logical units for data storage, is often considered a reliable option for backup. However, RAID is also prone to logical failure and corruption because of power failure, virus or malware infection, SMART errors, etc.
For logical data loss cases in RAID, Stellar Windows Data Recovery – Technician, is the most reliable choice.
If you have lost or deleted files from your RAID volume, follow these steps to get back the deleted files:
- Download and install Stellar Data Recovery Technician software.
Free Download 100% Secure
- Launch the software and click ‘Recover Data.’
- Choose what files you wish to recover and click ‘Next’.
- Select the RAID volume under ‘Connected Drives’ and click ‘Scan’.
- After the scan, the recovered files will appear in the left ‘Tree View’ pane. Click the ‘Deleted List’ tab to view the list of accidentally deleted files
- If the files you deleted earlier are not listed, tap on ‘Click Here’ link at the bottom to begin a deep scan.
- After the scan, select the desired files and click ‘Recover’
- Click ‘Browse’ and then choose a save location
- Click ‘Start Saving’
If the RAID volume is not found, make sure it is properly configured and connected to your Windows PC. In case of corrupt RAID, disconnect all the drives and connect them individually to your Windows PC via SATA or SATA to USB converter cable.
- Select the file types you want to recover and click ‘Next.’
- Choose ‘RAID Recovery’ and click ‘Next.’
- Choose the RAID array tab, select connected RAID drives and provide the required RAID parameters
- Click ‘Reconstruct RAID’
- Select the reconstructed RAID volume to scan
- After scan, select the files you want to recover and click ‘Recover.’
- Click ‘Browse’ and select a save location
- Click ‘Start Saving’
How to recover Deleted Files from SD Memory Card?
To recover data from a SD/Memory card (micro/mini or SDHC/SDXC) , you need to remove the SD card from your phone, camera or any other device it’s inserted in. Connect it to your PC with a Memory card reader and follow the steps below to recover the deleted files:
[NOTE: In situations of data loss, stop using your memory card immediately to avoid overwriting as that can lead to permanent data loss beyond recovery.]
- Install and launch Stellar Data Recovery software on your Windows PC
- Select the files you want to recover and click ‘Next’
- Choose the SD card volume listed under ‘Connected Drives’ and click ‘Scan’
- After the scan, click on a file to preview the content. If a desired file is not found, click ‘Deep Scan’ link at the bottom.
- After Deep Scan, choose the files you want to recover and save.
- Click ‘Recover’ and ‘Browse’ to choose a save location on PC.
- Click ‘Start Saving’ and wait for the software to finish saving the recovered deleted files at your desired location.
Post recovery, transfer the recovered files back to your SD card. Also, check for any malware or corruption in the SD Card as a caution.
[NOTE: To avoid data loss, keep a backup of all your important files. But when backups are obsolete or unavailable, use a data recovery software immediately.]
There are a lot of reasons that can lead to loss of data. Both Windows and Mac OS have Recycle Bin or Trash respectively that stores deleted files for at least 30 days. Accidentally deleted files can usually be found in Windows or Mac systems in the Recycle Bin or Trash folders. But if these folders have also been emptied, or the files have been permanently deleted with Shift+Del keys, seek help from an effective data recovery software or contact data recovery experts on an immediate basis. Stellar Data Recovery is a reliable and effective software for recovery of all kinds of Windows storage media. The software supports all types of Windows or Mac-based media such as hard drive, solid-state drives (SSD), flash drives, SD Cards. It also supports complex storage units like RAID 0, RAID 5 and RAID 6 arrays.
Try Stellar Data Recovery for Windows software to recover the lost MS word file.
Data files deleted permanently are not removed from your system that instant. There are methods that can help you recover deleted files.
- With help of Stellar Data Recovery for Windows software
- Restore data with the help of backup
- Restore files from previous versions
Pen drives are portable and used to store files and transfer video files, audio files between devices. Pen drive users frequently experience data loss due to deletion, file system becoming RAW, formatting. Recovering deleted file is 100% possible with the help of stellar software.
- Download the software on your PC/Laptop
- Connect Pen Drive with PC/Laptop
- Scan the Pen Drive and Recover data
Stellar Data Recovery for Windows Software is 100% safe & secure, plugin free data recovery software. The software works fine with pen drive, and it also supports data recovery from other storage media devices like hard drives, memory cards, SSD drives.